Tuesday, December 16, 2008

School Days

I started doing a little preschool with Kenya and she loves it!
This week we are learning about:

the letter "A"
the number "1"
the color "orange"
and the shape "square".

We also do circle time (I don't have any pictures of that sorry) during circle time we pray, read the Bible and sing a few worship songs. Kenya really loves this part of the day. She gets out her blanket and lays it on the floor, listens to everything I say she even prays. Typically she says,

"Thank you my God, thank you for my food, AMEN!"

It is so cute! She is learning to pray about other thing but it's a start. Then when we are done she folds up her blanket and puts it back where it goes.

This week in circle time we are reading about the birth of Jesus from Luke 2.

Kenya does really good on a schedule, she has lots of free time but she also likes the school time. Her behavior has improved so much since we started doing this last week. I will let you know how it goes. :)

3 comments:

mandy said...

V,
You are such a good mom! I have learned so much from you!

The Johnson Family said...

That's so awesome. I am wanting to start that with Payton. She is so different from Madie. Madie would love it, and Payton is going to give me trouble.

Chris and Sara McCulloch said...

Go Kenya, go Kenya!!! She is so smart!!

Vanessa, that is an awesome idea!! What fun! She is so stinkin' cute!!!!

Love you guys!
sara