Friday, May 22, 2009

Potty Training update



I'm sure you have all just been dying to know how potty training is going so without further a due I have all the details for you :)

I know I have said before that I am very inconsistent in potty training and it was working for us. Well I learned really fast that being inconsistent was not such a great idea when it came to potty training. Kenya was having a hard time with it and so was I. I decided to stop potty training once again (I think that makes it 10 times since Kenya was 18 months. Yes 18 months I know what was I thinking?)

Once we came back from El Paso I thought, "Okay, I know we can do this!" and I decided to get all crazy and go to just panties. That's right no diapers at all not even at bed time. You will never believe what happened... It worked! I started a week ago on Monday and Kenya has had very few accidents. In fact she only wet the bed twice.

I think Kenya was just ready this time. She tells me when she has to go to the bathroom and if she does wet herself it just a tiny bit then she holds it until I can get her to the potty.

I am so excited not to have to buy diapers anymore! Although I can't complain because graciously her Uncle Toe Toe bought all of her diapers her first year of life. THANK YOU UNCLE TOE TOE!

Just so you know the picture at the top is of Kenya's doll house. I guess she was potty training the Mom and Dad. I thought it was so funny I had to take a picture. And no we don't let Kenya potty in the sink. :D

Vanessa

3 comments:

Mama 2 Four said...

Yeah Kenya!!!! That is great!
We have that dollhouse too, and Sahra loves to play with the tiny toilet!

Laurie said...

Way to go!! You can see from my blog label "potty training" that going to panties is the ONLY way to go! And you are proof! So exciting to watch our children accomplish things, isn't it?!

Lauren said...

No more diapers is the best part!