Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving '09 (3 of 3)

...part 1...part 2...

Thanksgiving day after the Turkey Trot we went to Jason's Aunt Ana and Uncle Dan's house. We had a great time hanging with them and eating an amazing Thanksgiving lunch.

You may be wondering why Kenya is in her P.J's well she had three different layers on for the turkey trot and once we got to Ana's she wanted to keep the jamies and lose the rest so we let her. Kenya was in her jamies all day on Thanksgiving and I think that's a great way to be.
Kenya got a hold of the camera. This is Thanksgiving from the eyes of a 3 year old.

Here is Bianca Aunt Ana and Uncle Dan.

Jason, me and Marisa

This is the view from the top of the stairs.

Kenya and Bianca being silly.



Kenya loved hiding in Bianca's megaphone.


This is Kenya making one of her goofy faces.

While we were there I figured out how to get Kenya to have a normal smile for pictures. All I have to say is, "Smile like Marisa and Bianca!" It works every time :)

Marisa, Kenya (showing off her new smile) and Bianca loving being cousins.

We had such a great time celebrating thanksgiving with our families. We have so much to be thankful for there is no way I could list everything, but I will try :)

First I'm so thankful to God for salvation. What an amazing gift that I did nothing to deserve. I'm thankful that God blessed me with a husband that loves God more than me and loves me as Christ loved the church. I'm thankful that God blessed us with Kenya who brings me joy every day. I'm thankful God blessed us by allowing us to be Melody and Madison's parents. I'm thankful that through the death our our girls He taught us that He alone is sovereign and whatever the Lord ordains is right. I'm thankful that God alone sustained us during the trial He brought us to. I'm so thankful that through our girls life and death we are able to say with joy, "blessed be the name of the Lord who gives and takes away" (Job 1)! I'm thankful that God always provides for our needs. I'm thankful that God blessed us with an amazing family. I'm thankful that God brought us to our church. I'm thankful that God has allowed us to be Baby Jealous' parents and I can't wait to meet this sweet baby. I'm so thankful that God changed my heart and I now love taking care of my family. I'm thankful that I now enjoy keeping my house clean and I pray that would never change. I'm thankful that God has placed the desire in my heart to strive to be a Titus 2:4 woman. I'm thankful for good friends who will call me out if I'm in sin. I'm thankful for my doctor and the staff at the hospital we will be delivering at. I'm thankful that He who began a good work in me will complete it Philippians 1:6.

I pray you will all find joy in Christ and gives thanks to God for every good and perfect gift comes from Him James 1:17!

Vanessa

No comments: