Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Facebook update from Help Anton

For several months last year when Anton would get really upset he would scream at the top of his lungs, throw himself backward, hold his breath, finally breathe, then cry. It was pretty awful and took several months to get him to stop doing it. We were so thankful once he stopped because he really could have gotten hurt. Well he started doing it again today. So far today he has done it six times. One of the times his nurse was in here and he literally turned blue including his lips, I blew in his face then he gasped for air and started breathing again. I know several of my friends kids do this so it's not totally out of the norm but for Anton he could totally get hurt. He goes to time out once he is done and is currently grounded from TV but I'm praying he does not keep doing it because he could get hurt and its so exhausting for both of us. It's hard for me not to just share the happy moments but I wanted to be real with y'all so you can know some of the things we are going through. Some details of the bone marrow transplant will be hard to hear I'm sure but I want to be able to look back and the bad and good times and remember what all we went through. So all that being said besides the 6 times Anton had a total melt down today it was overall a good day. We read books, played the game of life, played with super hero's, I went down and did laundry when Anton took a nap (a volunteer was in the room with him), we skyped with Jason, Kenya and Judah and enjoyed hanging out together. Anton is about to have a dressing change done then tomorrow is a big day because he will get his central line placed in the o.r. I will keep y'all updated. - March 18, 2015 at 07:40PM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: