Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Facebook update from Help Anton

Day +90 I can't believe we are 10 days away from being at day +100. It's kind of bittersweet because when we started transplant that day held so much hope. If all goes well it is the day you get to go home, if all goes well it is the day you can take a little sigh of relief, if all goes well day +100 can mean sooooo much... But to be honest for us it is just a number. We are no where near being able to come home. Anton is having more compilations now than he has ever had during his whole transplant.. For the first time since transplant Anton is on TPN (iv nutrition) and completely off g-tube feeds. The good news though is they are letting him still eat by mouth!!! We knew we most likely would be here longer than the 100 days but I still think I was holding out hope that we would be able to go home around then. But we are in it for as long as we have to be to get Anton healthy. For the first time since we have been here I am homesick. I desperately want to figure out a way to go home for a few days but it just isn't happening. I have been thinking about and reminding myself of Proverbs 16:9 all day today. The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps. I can plan and plan but it is God who establishes my steps and I trust his plan for our lives. Some exciting things that happened yesterday (6/23/84, I'm writing this after midnight so it's technically tomorrow). Anton did great on TPN and is back at RMH! We celebrated my 31st birthday by going to chili's, and watching the movie Inside Out as a family. I found out one of my very best friends (Taylore) is coming to visit us with her newest baby girl Emerson!! I got a hilarious package from one of my other best friends (Shannon). Two of my other best friends (Valori and Meghan)(yes I have a lot of best friends...) Did super sweet things for me today to make my day special even though they are worlds away (okay not worlds but states)... I got lots of texts, calls, and messages wishing me a happy birthday. Thanks to everyone who reached out to me, you made a hard day (cause I was sad about not going home anytime soon) a lot more fun! I think that's it :) Somehow this post turned into an all about me post but these are my random thoughts for today:) This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24 - June 24, 2015 at 12:41AM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: