Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Facebook update from Help Anton

We got to see Kendall tonight!!! I can't even put into words how great it is to have our BMT team checking on us. They are just the best! It's little crazy how fast things can change in the ICU. Anton went from having no fever to having a temp of 103.3, it took about 3 hours for it to come down. I was literally freaking out. His temperature spiked, his eyes were rolling back in his head, he was breathing funny, his skin was bright red, and his cheeks were growing right before our eyes. The ICU doctor came in but I didn't feel like he was being aggressive enough so I asked him to call the BMT doctors, and to call the surgeon. The surgeon came in and got an xray of anton's chest, and stomach which is exactly what I wanted to happen. He said that he didn't see any free air, which was good. He also said that if Anton had a small leak they wouldn't do anything except treat with antibiotics since it was so soon after surgery and everything was still so swollen in there. He also said they were checking for sources of infection (checking blood, vent, and urine). I can't remember what all he said but I do remember I felt 100 times better about everything after he left. For one of the xrays they were talking about Anton sitting up which they weren't going to make him do but he has asked to sit up since yesterday so I said let's do it. Anton was so happy he got to sit up. He stayed sitting up for about 15 minutes and did great! After that he was exhausted but he fever broke and he went right to sleep. Now we wait for cultures to come back so they can treat whatever is going on. I was truly scared there for a few hours but am so thankful he seems to be doing better and so thankful I had a friend with me that was a second set of eyes. Anton is resting comfortably so I'm going to go to sleep and hope for an uneventful rest of the night. - December 01, 2015 at 01:55AM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: