Monday, November 30, 2015

Facebook update from Help Anton

Today continued to be a good day. Anton was awake more and seemed to be enjoying all of his visitors. I got to see my sweet buddy Charlie today and his awesome Mama Trisha! My sister stayed downstairs and hung out with Charlie so that Trisha could come see Anton. I am so glad they were able to stop by. Charlie has had two bone marrow transplants and is doing so good. I had a pretty interesting conversation with Charlie about anton's leg pain and he explained to me why that happens and what it feels like when it happens to him. I was blown away by how well Charlie explained things. I love that kid! I also got to see some of our BMT family today and I was so thankful to get to spend some time with them. Anton will wake up and shake his head yes or no to answer questions. He is able to point to his stomach or knee if they hurt and is calm when he is awake. They keep weaning down on his vent settings and he is tolerating that! We have had several people from our BMT team come to check on us which I have loved. Having their support makes this process so much easier. We got to see Dr. Tolar today which I was so excited about . He was very happy to see how well Anton is doing. Blair Welsh went to the Ronald McDonald House today to hang out with the school kids. Kenya and Judah told him how much Anton loves The Vikings so he autographed a picture for Anton. Anton got pretty excited about the picture so we hung it on his TV. Anton has been wearing his Vikings hat and most of the doctors and nurses ask if he is a fan so he shakes his head yes. Then I tell them that Anton is BFF's with Sullivan, and Rudolph and he starts shaking his head yes. Cutest thing ever! So far he only gets excited when we talk about The Vikings or Power Rangers. So thankful for how well he is doing. - November 30, 2015 at 07:42PM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: