Monday, January 18, 2016

Facebook update from Help Anton

When we asked Judah what all he wanted to do for his birthday and how much he wanted Anton included in the party he pretty much said he wanted Anton's name on everything and wanted him included in everything. We were having Judah's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese so I wasn't sure how all of this would work out but I was determined to make it work. I went to Chuck E Cheese a few days before the party and asked to speak to the manager. I had prayed before I went that God's will would be done and the person I spoke to would be compassionate and understanding. Heather H.(one of the managers) came out and we talked a little bit about party details (what the kids would drink, ect...). Then I said so here is the reason I came and I started to explain Anton's story to her, I told her how we adopted him, how Judah and Anton are the exact same age (sharing the same birthday), I told her all about EB, Anton's BMT, how he got intussusception, how we got 5 beautiful days with him before he passed away, I told her how Christmas came early, and how this birthday was going to be a really hard and really important birthday for Judah and important for our whole family. Here I was standing at the pizza counter in chuck e cheese pouring my heart out with tears flowing from my eyes and you know what??? Heather was tearing up as well. She was SO kind and SO compassionate. She went over every detail of the party and we talked about all the ways we could include Anton. She told me we would have two party hosts (because of the size of the party we were having) and she would make sure they understood the situation. She gave me a big hug before I left and told me how sorry she was for our loss. I am so thankful I went in to talk to her and so thankful for how she handled everything. When we walked in for Judah's party Heather (the manager I spoke to) and Lindsey (our other party host) greeted our family at the door. Heather told me she was going to work our party with Lindsey to make sure everything went perfectly. We walked over and they had included Anton in EVERY SINGLE DETAIL of the party. They had a superhero cut out with Judah's name on it and one with Anton's name on it, they had a superhero cape, superhero glasses, and a name badge for both Judah and Anton. Both of their names were on the reserved table signs. They included BOTH Judah and Anton's names in the Happy Birthday song. They went above and beyond anything I could have asked for to make this party special for Judah and to include Anton in all of it. It made the day so much easier. Judah had a blast at his party and I feel like we honored Anton's life so beautifully in the process. Thank you so much to Heather and Lindsey, you guys made what could have been a really hard and really awful day super fun and special for our whole family. I can never thank you both (and Chuck E Cheese) enough for the kindness you showed our family during this hard time. I hope you will always remember how much this meant to us! - January 18, 2016 at 11:04PM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: