Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day

I just wanted to tell you all that today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. If you have ever lost a baby due to miscarriage, still birth or if your baby died after birth today is a day for you to remember you baby/ babies and a day for us to pray for all the families who have lost little one.


Getting a positive result on a pregnancy test is such an exciting day. It's a day you know your family will be changed forever. You start wondering is it a boy or girl, when will I start showing, I can't wait for my first sonogram. It is a time filled with so much joy until you receive the news that will also change your life forever. You are told your baby no longer has a heartbeat or you are told that you baby most likely wont live long after birth or you deliver you baby who has already gone to be with Jesus.

All of these moments will change our lives forever.

I want you to know that God is good through it all. We may not ever fully know why these things happen other than they were for God's glory and our good. But you can all rest knowing that God is sovereign even over suffering.

I wanted to share with you guys some verses that really encouraged me after Melody and Madison died.

Ecclesiastes 7:1-4
A good name is better than precious ointment,
and the day of death than the day of birth.

It is better to go to the house of mourning
than to go to the house of feasting,
for this is the end of all mankind,
and the living will lay it to heart.
Sorrow is better than laughter,
for by sadness of face the heart is made glad.
The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning,
but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth.


Ecclesiastes 7:8-14

Better is the end of a thing than its beginning,
and the patient in spirit is better than the proud in spirit.

Be not quick in your spirit to become angry,
for anger lodges in the bosom of fools.

Say not, “Why were the former days better than these?”
For it is not from wisdom that you ask this.

Wisdom is good with an inheritance,
an advantage to those who see the sun. 

 For the protection of wisdom is like the protection of money,
and the advantage of knowledge is that wisdom preserves the life of him who has it.

Consider the work of God:
who can make straight what he has made crooked?

In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other, so that man may not find out anything that will be after him.

I will continue to praise God knowing He is sovereign over all things. If you have lost a baby please know that I am so sorry for your loss and I will be praying that God will comfort you as only He can.

Melody and Madison I will always remember and love you. I'm so thankful that God choose me to be y'alls Mother. I will always cherish the time God gave us with you guys!







1 comment:

Karen said...

They are beautiful. I am sorry for your loss.