Thursday, October 8, 2009

Where has Destinee gone???



Hello everyone,

I have been meaning to write this post for quite some time but obviously I just haven't done it yet. Since we've been asked several times I thought it was about time.

Destinee has been living with us since March of 2006. We loved, loved, loved her being a part of our family. Destinee decided that she wanted to live with our Mom and Step Dad a while back but we wanted to pray and make sure it was the right choice first. So after talking to everyone involved we all decided it was the best choice for Destinee and she moved back in with our Mom and Step Dad some time during this summer (I can't remember exactly when?) It has been going great.

She is about to turn 16 and get her drivers license, I can't believe she is old enough to drive!!! We go to my Mom's house once a week for dinner, so we still see her at least once a week.

Kenya has done really well with the transition, at first she asked all the time where Destinee was now it has finally set in that she lives with "Momo" (that's what Kenya calls my Mom). I hope that clears things up a little.
We love Destinee dearly and are so excited to see her relationship restored with my Mom.

Vanessa

1 comment:

luci said...

Thank you for this update! I'm glad that things are going well for Destinee.