Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Day 3 (final trip)

I woke up this morning at 4am and was ready to start my day. I am not wanting to wake up this early or trying to but I guess that's what happens when you travel internationally.

My driver came to get me at 8:30am and we headed to the hospital. I was so excited knowing I was going to get to take Baby A out by myself for a little while but also so nervous.

Baby A was getting dressed for our outing when I got there and he was so excited. Once it was time to go he did great. One of the nurses came with us but she let me do everything. It was so fun to be responsible for his care.

I put him in the car seat and he was fine until about 20 minutes into our trip and he lost it. I couldn't get him to stop crying and then he started throwing up. He threw up about 5 times on the way to the passport office and cried almost the whole way there.

Once we were out of the car he was totally fine. I think he just hates the car and threw up because he was crying so hard. We were able to get his passport really quick which was nice.

There have been so many people working so hard to help Baby A find a family and one of those people has now become my good friend Anya. Her family is also in Eastern Europe for their final trip to bring their son home so we were at the passport office at the same time today. I was so excited to introduce Baby A to Anya, she has done a lot for our son and it was a joy to get to show him to her!

Once we left the office and got back in the car Baby A started crying again and threw up 2 more times. Then he fell asleep! I knew he was tired but I didn't think there was any way he would sleep in the car since he only sleeps in his stroller. He slept for over an hour on the way home which was great!

We got back to the hospital and his nanny fed him and the poor kid was so hungry. I have never seen him eat so fast. I stayed at the hospital for 2 hours after we got back and just played with my boy.

On the way home I told my driver Vlad,  "I am sorry I always fall asleep in the car." he said, "It is fine." the next thing I knew I woke myself up because I was snoring so loud in the car, ha!

TOMORROW is GOTCHA DAY!!!!

We wont be posting pictures until I am on the way home on Saturday so just a few more days for that friends.

Love you all and depending on how it goes with Baby A I may or may not be able to blog. Hopefully I can do little updates once he is asleep. Please be praying for us as today (I fell asleep before I finished the blog last night) is going to be a BIG and exciting day.

Thanks!


2 comments:

Joyful Noise for a Joyful Life said...

I am an adopting mom of 4 chosen children. I love reading your journey. I had one that got car sick even in the car seat. What worked for him was ginger. Just a thought in case that was the problem. Praying for you on your path to parenthood.

Anonymous said...

Do you think the some of the crying and throwing up is motion sickness? Just an idea. It really gets our little girl.

So excited to see picture of Baby A with his new family! And so happy about the hugs and love he is showing you! :)