Saturday, October 10, 2015

Facebook update from Help Anton

I wrote a super long update but deleted it so here is the update with less details... Please continue to keep Abigail's family in your prayers as they mourn the loss of sweet Abigail. My heart is just so broken and I wish I could be in OH to love on Jessica. Anton is still fever free! He should be off of TPN in the next few days. He has his doctors wrapped around his finger and they happily give him drinks anytime he asks. We got to see super cool fireworks last night. Anton loved them and he wasn't scared! Steroids make Anton cry... A LOT... Anton continues to drink like a mad man so we have lots of running jokes about that. I will say it is a little bit annoying because he starts begging for drinks at 8 am and doesn't stop unless we are in the halls or he is asleep. In fact I had to walk out of his dressing change yesterday because I was getting so frustrated that he was asking the same thing over and over. I had a little cry (I hardly ever cry), walked around the halls then went back in and explained the plan to Anton. I then had him explain the plan to me and told him he wasn't allowed to ask what the plan was anymore because he knew the plan. I don't enjoy posting the not so fun parts of our day but I'm just keeping it real with y'all. Then we took a walk in the hall and I held him while we walked. I felt like we needed some bonding time and it was my favorite walk yet. We go in the halls several times a day. He rides his buggy (which everyone loves seeing), gets pushed in his stroller, or my new favorite is I hold him! Anton's personality is still here in fully force. We have all LOVED getting to see him happy, playing, being so funny, and a little sassy. It has been such a joy to have our sweet boy back. Kiira did such an amazing job through out all of transplant and gets to go back home today... like back home to California!!! I am soooooo excited for their family but will miss them so much. Kristi came by the hospital to tell me bye yesterday. I have loved getting to know her over the past several months! They will be missed but I'm so happy they get to go home. Kenya's birthday is Friday. I can't believe my baby will be NINE!!! And now for the most exciting news... Anton will be discharged from the hospital on THURSDAY as long as his fevers stay away. I know so much can change between now and then but we are sooooo excited at the thought of busting outta here!!! And now I think you are caught up :) - October 10, 2015 at 10:36AM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: