Thursday, October 15, 2015

Facebook update from Help Anton

I have too many pictures to just do one post so I will do a few. We have met some of the most amazing families on the BMT floor that we will end up being life long friends with. Gage is 11 (or maybe 12 I can't remember), has fanconi anemia and got his bone marrow transplant a few days ago. He is one of the coolest kids I have ever "met", he races dirt bikes and loves when Anton drives by on his buggie to tell him hi. We wave through the door because we can't go in each others rooms. His family is from Texas so we were of course instant friends. His mom and dad are super sweet as well as their friend Justin. Justin and Anton have hit it off and even popped popcorn together last night. Taylor is 18 and battling her second round of cancer. This girl is a fighter! Her Mom Lauren and I have grown close in our nightly talks in the halls. I love how real Lauren is and how she always asks me if I need anything from the store. They are fighting the hardest battle of their lives and she thinks to ask if I need anything! I love their family! Brantley is around 7 months old and was born without an immune system. He received his transplant several weeks ago and his brother was his donor. His Mom Jennifer and I hang out quite a bit and she is just so sweet. They got to go home (to Ronald McDonald House) yesterday and this is the first time he has lived outside of the hospital! Colten is around 7 months old too and has osteopetrosis. He also received his transplant several weeks ago. Unfortunately his transplant failed and they are waiting to find out if his heart is healthy enough for a second transplant. They will know more on the 22nd. His Mom Jamie and I hang out quite a bit and even got to go have dinner at Chili's together a few weeks ago. Makenzie is on day +297 after receiving her second transplant. She is the cutest little girl. Anton and Makenzie enjoyed riding through the halls on their cars when Makenzie was inpatient. They had a quick overnight stay so we got to spend a little bit of time with them! Grayson and his twin sister have Hurler Syndrome. They both received their first transplants around 200 days ago, Elizabeth's took but Grayson's did not, so he will be receiving his second transplant soon. Jason and I enjoyed hanging out with his Mama Katie and the RMH parents night out a few weeks ago. I love all these families so much and as we hang out it makes me dearly miss the families we have grown close to whose kids have passed away. Cole, Kaitlyn, Abigail, and Jamie have all passed away since we have been inpatient. Each time one of our BMT families lose a child it rips my heart out. Transplant has been am amazing and hard journey at the same time. We love you our BMT family!!! - October 15, 2015 at 04:34PM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: