Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day 5 with Baby A (our last visit this trip)

Knowing this was going to be the last visit with Baby A this trip was very bitter sweet. I was so excited and so thankful for all the time we got to spend with him but after seeing him everyday for 5 days it was going to be so hard to leave him.

Here is the email I sent out to our family:


I am so blown away by God's faithfulness to us. We had a great visit with Baby A again today. 


I tried to take everything in today and really just focus on Baby A and this was my favorite visit yet! Today was also our last visit with him this trip so that made it extra special! We sat with him and played for a little while but he was getting fussy so his nanny put him on his little car and let Papa push him around for a little while. I tried to take over at one point but Baby A was not having that. He doesn't mind playing with me and I can always get him to smile and laugh but when it comes to pushing his car or stroller he wants Papa to do it. When he was on his car he would look back to make sure I wasn't touching his car ha. 


Then it was time for bandages changes so we got our scrubs on and headed back to his room. They do his bath in his room then his dressing change in the O.R. He did really well during his dressing change and I even taught him how to blow kisses!!! They let me help today which was really neat. I assisted by keeping his arm and leg out of the way while they wrapped his other arm and leg. They are very cautious of germs and infection so they do everything they can to make sure and keep everything as clean as possible. Everyone that has gone to the hospital tells us how nice it is and they are so surprised by how well he is being taken care of. 

Once we were done with that we went back to his room and played with him for a little while. Sandy (DERMAKids Germany) made Baby A a book about his life. There are tons of pictures in there and all of his doctors and nurses have signed it and written letters to Baby A. Today we got to write in his book which is a moment I will never forget. I have known about this book and have seen pictures of it but to be in our sons room signing his book was such a surreal feeling. 

It was getting to the time we needed to leave and I got more and more sad! Our translator asked us if we were ready to leave and I said no not yet. We took a few more pictures and loved on Baby A before we left. 
Before we left we told his Nanny bye and thanked her for everything she has done for Baby A. We told her it was so hard for us to leave him but it was so much easier knowing that he was being cared for by her. She gave me a HUGE hug before we left and she told me Jason and I were a nice couple and she was happy Baby A would be going to us since we cared about him so much. This was a really neat moment! I think she know knows how much we love him now after spending a week with us so I help that helps her a little bit once we take him.

It was time to go say bye to our boy and I couldn't help but cry. I knew he was going to be well cared for but the thought of leaving him for 2 or 3 months until we could return for court broke my heart. I kissed him on the head and told him that we would be coming back for him as soon as we could then Jason told him bye as well. His Nanny carried him out to say bye to us in the hallway and I was comforted knowing he was in the arms of the person he loves the most. She will take good care of him while we are gone and that makes it a lot easier to leave. We told the doctors bye and they all said they are looking forward to our return. As we drove away it all seemed so final but I know it's not we will see our boy again soon and next time we wont have to say bye to him. 

I am so thankful for everything God has allowed us to do this week I have grown to love Eastern Europe and the people here. Honestly we would have LOVED to stay longer and we look forward to going back for court. Everyone was so nice to us, we enjoyed the cold (for the most part) and the food was sooooo good! 

This whole process has given me such a better understanding of our adoption as sons and daughters of God. God has made us co-heirs with Christ through the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. I am so thankful for the free gift of salvation through repentance and faith. God is so so amazing!  


Here I am teaching Baby A to blow kisses. He would smile so big while we were doing this. Then by the end of it he put his hand up to his own mouth and would blow kisses!

2 comments:

sveta said...

Good luck! Come back soon to pick up the baby, I'm sure he will be waiting for you! Congratulations on your Christmas! Let your dreams come true as soon as possible!

Liz said...

Can't wait 'til you can show us all those pictures & bring him home!!