Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day 3 (2nd trip)

Today we left the apartment around 10:30am to head to see Baby A. He was sleeping on his nanny when we got there. She put him in his swing so we could watch him sleep. He is so sick right now and it was so sad to see him in so much pain. He wasn't sleeping very peacefully and moved around a lot. Even when he was awake he kept his eyes closed because he was just not feeling well. We were there for about 3 hours and during that time he only opened his eyes for a few minutes. Once he saw us though he was really happy and kept smiling at us. He didn't want us to hold him but he was glad we were there. If you ask him where something is he says "tom" which means there. So his nanny would ask him "where are the shoes?" and he would point and say "tom" It was so cute! We told his nanny that we were going to be leaving for the day soon and she said we could stay as long as we wanted because she really enjoyed us being there. What an answer to prayer! We needed to head back to our apartment because our host family was going to be taking us out that night so we did end up leaving but it is so great to know she likes to hang out with us. We were telling her bye and we thought Baby A was asleep but then he started waiving bye. It was so so cute! Then we said "paka" which means bye and he said "paka." We were so excited because that's the first time he has ever said that! 

Before we left the hospital my stomach started hurting and by the time we got home it was hurting a lot. Once we got home I took a 3 hour nap. I have been a lot more tired this trip then I was on the first trip. I woke up from my nap feeling refreshed and my stomach stopped hurting. 

We left with Nicole and Rob (our host family) around 5:30pm and walked to the metro so we could go have dinner with them. This was our first time on a subway of any kind and it wasn't scary at all ha. I thought it was going to be crazy and we were going to have to push our way in but it was pretty chill. No one talked in the Metro at all. We laughed at one point and got a lot of stares. We ate Lebanese food (I think that's what it was) and it was really good. We had so much fun hanging out with them and we were laughing the whole time. One the way back it was -16 outside and I felt like my face was going to be frozen by the time we got back to the apartment. Only my face was cold but man it was soooooo cold! 

We had a great day and we hope Baby A will feel better tomorrow. We will be heading to the hospital again at 10:30am to see our sweet boy!

Love you all! 

1 comment:

sveta said...

We have not as scary as it seems at first glance !))))))) Good luck to you! We love you too!