Thursday, September 24, 2015

Facebook update from Help Anton

Day +176 Anton's tempture is still remaining under 102 and has even gotten down to 99 degrees at times! I have stayed at the Ronald McDonald House the past two nights just in case I was sick. Thankfully I'm not so I will be trading off with Jason again later on this evening. They had a parents night out last night at RMH so Jason and I enjoyed a yummy meal with some friends while Kenya and Judah were entertained with the rest of the kids. There is a family here from Poland and one of their daughters will be getting a bone marrow transplant for EB soon. Kenya and her sister have become good friends and don't let the language barrier stop them from having fun. They got matching face paint yesterday and both had fun giggling and trying to scare their other friends., I will post a link to her sisters FB page once I'm on my computer (I can't figure out how to do it on my phone). Anton is still on high flow oxygen. The high flow oxygen in neat because they can adjust the amount of oxygen Anton is receiving and the pressure separately. Anton is on room air (meaning he isn't needing oxygen to keep his stats up) he is still on 10 liters to help open up his lungs though. So they are giving him room air at a high volume to force his lungs to stay open. I'm not sure what the plan for Anton is besides hoping bactrim is the cause of the fevers. I know he is going in the o.r. next week for his 6 month post transplant biopsies and his bone marrow biopsy. For now we are just thankful that his fevers are lower! I will keep y'all updated! - September 24, 2015 at 09:16AM http://ift.tt/1r2lUi4

No comments: