Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Facebook update [pic] from Help Anton


Day +173 Anton has slept a lot the past few days and his fever has been getting higher and staying higher so I told his doctor yesterday I was 90% sure he had a blood infection. And guess what we found out today??? He has another infection in his blood. I'm not super worried about it because they caught it quickly. Anton normally only gets one positive culture with blood infections before the antibiotics knock it out. So far the blood infections he has had in the past cleared pretty quickly. What I am worried about is the possiably of Anton having to get another central line! I'm hoping this won't be the case this time... Anton will be going in the o.r. next week for more six month post transplant tests. They will check his engraftment again, and do a bone marrow biopsy. This has kind of sent me into a panic today. Anytime a child with EB goes in the o.r. it is scary. Combined with the fact that the last few times he has gone back it hasn't been the smoothest process ever I am dreading it. Although at the same time I am looking forward to getting the results of the bone marrow biopsy. I know worrying about it won't change anything but I am just feeling overwhelmed, lonely, sad, and scared today. I'm sure I will be fine tomorrow just trying to keep it real with y'all. I did get to go back to RMH to have dinner with Jason, Kenya, and Judah tonight. I am hoping to do that more often so we can reconnect and spend some time together. via Help Anton http://ift.tt/1MalBx2 September 15, 2015 at 08:14PM

No comments: